Travel Digest #2065
Hi everyone it's @lizanomadsoul here introducing the Monday edition of the #TravelDigest.
Another day of great places and stories around the globe to read about! This time we have great stories from India, Italy, Poland, France, The Netherlands, Nepal, The Philippines, Indonesia, The US, Turkey, Switzerland, and Portugal - So a little bit of everything! - Enjoy ;)
All featured posts are visible on the Editors Choice Map and upvoted by @pinmapple and our curation trail and potentially @blocktrades and @theycallmedan. For more travel digests check out #traveldigest.
Our winners today 🍍
🥇 Dashaur Lake, an unexplored gem in the Himalayas. by @parvkhuller
Hi Everyone, Today’s blog is gonna be a long one with a lot of adventure and beautiful views. I visited Dashaur Lake a few days back with my brother and our experience was phenomenal. The trek starts from Marhi, near Rohtang Pass at the height of about 3400m from sea level. We took our car till Marhi early morning from Manali. These pictures are taken from inside the car. It was a quick 45 min morning drive during sunrise. Everything around felt so fresh and tranquil at that time. We started seeing snow after crossing Gulaba, a village about 25 minutes away from Manali. We were so excited to start our trek. None of us had done this trek previously and all we had was an offline save of the location in google maps, that too in the middle of the snow with no trails to find.
🥈 "Castelnuovo dell'Abate: A Harmonious Tapestry of Vineyards and Olive Groves" by @silviared945
I return to you today with another post, still centered around Tuscany, specifically in the area of Montalcino. As I left that place, I stumbled upon this village almost by chance, and I was thrilled to have discovered it. As it often happens, it's precisely the unexpected places that gift us with many emotions. Today, I want to share about Castelnuovo dell'Abate, a small medieval gem nestled in the Val d'Orcia, part of the municipality of Montalcino in the province of Siena. Naturally, this village has ancient origins and was once part of the Abbey of Sant'Antimo, which I showed you yesterday, falling within the possessions of these monks.
🥉 Kings and Bishops. Wawel Castle and surroundings by @zirochka
Even if you walk in Krakow without a guide, it would be difficult to miss the Wawel Castle. It is the southernmost point of Krakow Old Town that connects two ends of a green belt of Planty Park like a precious buckle. From the Main Square where we stopped last time, just go south down the Grodzka street. If you cross the wide street with tram lines and see The Church of St. Francis of Assisi (in the photo below) - you are on the right track.
- Cadouin Abbey - Limeuil - Bergerac - Chateau de la Brede, France by @oceanbee
- An amazing old cruise liner at Maashaven, Rotterdam, Netherlands by @momogrow
- Visiting the three most famous temples in Pokhara, Nepal by @thefootprint
- Escaping To The Top!, Kapalong, The Philippines by @pinkchic
- A quick getaway to Malapascua Island, The Philippines by @kev.incredible
- the capital of the famous monuments, Washington D.C., The US by @duvinca
- A Morning Stroll at Mon Mok Tawan, Thailand by @baibuaza
- Travel To Enjoy The Beauty Of Pangah Beach, Indonesia by @nurfay
- Natural cold water of Cantacoyan, The Philippines by @yourcap
- Jump from a height of 30m into a canyon 20m depth pool, Kemer, Turkey by @dewamke44
- Rhine Valley in Autumn, Neuhausen am Rhainfall, Switzerland by @plantfuljourney
- Jardin quinta da Fidalga, Lisbon, Portugal by @joseq1570
Support pinmapple and join the Pinmapple communityThe more support we get, the more we can give back! Want to help?
Delegate to Pinmapple!
Follow our curation trail
Upvote the Traveldigest
Want to know more about what we're up to next?
Join our Discord
Follow us on Twitter